IMSI (Intracytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Sperm Injection) is a type of assisted reproductive technology (ART) used in fertility treatments. It involves injecting a sperm cell into an egg to fertilize it. However, unlike traditional IVF, IMSI uses high-powered microscopes to select the healthiest and most morphologically normal sperm for injection.
During IMSI treatment, a semen sample is collected from the male partner and is analyzed under a high-powered microscope that can magnify the sperm up to 6,000 times. The doctor or embryologist examines each sperm cell to identify any abnormalities or defects in its shape, size, or motility. They then select the healthiest sperm cells for injection into the egg.
IMSI is used when conventional IVF has not worked or when the male partner has a low sperm count, poor sperm motility, or abnormal sperm morphology. By selecting the healthiest sperm, IMSI can increase the chances of successful fertilization and improve the quality of embryos produced.
Overall, IMSI is a specialized form of IVF that utilizes advanced technology to increase the chances of fertilization and improve the overall success rate of fertility treatments.
Choosing the best clinic for IMSI treatment in Bangalore
- Success rates: Check the clinic’s success rates for IMSI treatment. Success rates can give you an idea of the clinic’s track record and the likelihood of achieving a successful pregnancy.
- Reputation: Research the clinic’s reputation by reading online reviews and checking the clinic’s accreditation and certifications. You can also ask for referrals from friends, family, or your doctor.
- Expertise: Look for a clinic that has experienced doctors and embryologists with expertise in IMSI treatment. You can check the clinic’s website or call them to inquire about the qualifications and experience of their medical staff.
- Facilities: Make sure the clinic has modern facilities and equipment for IMSI treatment. The clinic should be clean, well-maintained, and have a comfortable environment for patients.
- Cost: IMSI treatment can be expensive, so consider the cost of treatment and any additional fees, such as medication, tests, or consultations. You can compare the cost of treatment at different clinics to find one that fits your budget.
Some of the top IMSI treatment clinics in Bangalore are Nova IVF Fertility, Mannat Fertility Clinic, and GarbhaGudi IVF Centre. However, it is important to research each clinic carefully to determine which one is the best fit for your specific needs and circumstances.
Understanding the cost of IMSI treatment in Bangalore
The cost of medications for IMSI treatment can range from INR 30,000 to INR 50,000 per cycle. Tests such as blood tests, ultrasounds, and semen analysis can cost between INR 5,000 to INR 10,000 per cycle. Consultation fees can range from INR 1,500 to INR 3,000 per visit, and additional procedures such as embryo freezing or genetic testing can add to the cost of treatment.
It is important to note that insurance coverage for fertility treatments is limited in India, and most insurance policies do not cover IMSI treatment. However, some clinics may offer financing options or payment plans to make treatment more affordable for patients.
Before starting IMSI treatment, it is recommended to consult with your doctor and the clinic to discuss the costs involved and any financing options that may be available. It is also important to ask for a detailed breakdown of the costs involved in IMSI treatment to avoid any unexpected expenses.
Success rates of IMSI treatment in Bangalore
The success rates of IMSI treatment in Bangalore can vary depending on several factors, including the age and health of the couple, the cause of infertility, and the expertise of the clinic and medical staff. However, on average, the success rates of IMSI treatment in Bangalore can range from 40% to 60% per cycle.
It is important to note that success rates can vary significantly from one clinic to another, and it is recommended to research and compare the success rates of different clinics before choosing one for IMSI treatment. The success rates of a clinic can provide an indication of its track record and the likelihood of achieving a successful pregnancy.
Factors that can affect the success rates of IMSI treatment include the quality of the sperm and the egg, the number of embryos transferred, and the experience and expertise of the medical staff. The use of additional procedures, such as pre-implantation genetic testing (PGT) or assisted hatching, can also increase the chances of a successful pregnancy.
It is important to consult with a doctor or fertility specialist to discuss the success rates and potential risks and benefits of IMSI treatment. They can provide personalized advice and guidance on the most suitable treatment options based on your individual circumstances and medical history.
Differences between IMSI and other types of fertility treatments
- IVF (In Vitro Fertilization): IVF involves fertilizing an egg with sperm outside of the body in a laboratory dish, and then transferring the resulting embryo to the uterus. IMSI is a type of IVF that uses high-powered microscopes to select the healthiest sperm for injection.
- ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection): ICSI is similar to IMSI in that it involves injecting a single sperm into an egg. However, ICSI does not use high-powered microscopes to select the sperm, and instead, the sperm is selected by the embryologist based on its motility and shape.
- Artificial insemination (AI): AI involves placing washed and prepared sperm directly into the uterus or cervix to increase the chances of fertilization. AI is typically used for couples with mild male factor infertility, while IMSI is used when conventional IVF or ICSI has not worked or when the male partner has poor sperm morphology.
- Donor sperm or eggs: In some cases, couples may choose to use donor sperm or eggs to achieve a successful pregnancy. Donor sperm or eggs can be used in IVF or ICSI, but IMSI cannot be used with donor sperm.
Overall, IMSI is a specialized form of IVF that utilizes advanced technology to select the healthiest sperm for injection and increase the chances of successful fertilization. IMSI is typically used when other types of fertility treatments have not worked or when the male partner has poor sperm morphology.a